Friday, July 19, 2013

Sun-infused, all-natural, facial skin toner






  During the summer months, my skin tends to get a little oily.  In my 20's it was always oily, in my 30's it was combination, now it's mostly just dry.  When I feel my skin needs a little extra cleansing in the hot months, I make a nice toner to follow my cleanser with.  This is simple and easy to do, very inexpensive, and no harsh chemicals will be going on your face.
  All you need to make 4 oz of toner is:

  • a 4 oz glass bottle
  • about 1.5 Tbl dried lavender
  • about 1.5 Tbl dried rose flowers
  • 3 oz of distilled witch hazel
  • 1 oz of distilled water
  • a sunny window or deck

Gather your dried flowers  
   Put the dried herbs into your glass jar and add the witch hazel.  Shake well to combine and let it infuse by the sunshine.  You only need to give it 6-8 hours and it's good to go.  Then simply strain the witch hazel infusion, add the ounce of distilled water, and you are ready to apply with a cotton ball.  How easy is this, and it feels so nice on your skin.
  Lavender is so soothing for your skin and has antibacterial properties.  Rose is a nice skin softener, and witch hazel is an astringent.  Go ahead, pamper your skin and tone it at the same time.  Let me know if you give it a try!
Place in a sunny window and let the sun infuse it for you!

Here is the link for my homemade scrub http://newbeginningsglutenfreeherbal.blogspot.com/2013/06/homemade-all-natural-body-and-facial.html
  Wishing you a blessed day,
  Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment