This quickly became one of my son's favorite meals, and I made mine the same, only gluten free.
|What could be more comforting than to start your day with cheesy pasta?!|
- leftover spaghetti pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- garlic, salt and pepper
The easy part here, is that you just add all ingredients based on the amount of pasta that you have leftover. For an example, I had about 1 1/2 cups of gluten free vermicelli. I used 2 eggs, I shaved off about a Tbl.or so of parm, I use fresh oregano from the garden, (or I use dried oregano off season), about Tbl butter and same of EVOO. Garlic, salt and pepper are to your liking; I use a pinch kosher salt, a few turns on the pepper mill, and a pinch of garlic (minced about a clove, or you can use powder).
|This is without cheese or eggs, just to brown a bit.|
- Start by adding the butter and EVOO to the pan and let it get hot.
- Add only the pasta, oregano, S, P, and garlic
- cook until pasta gets a little color
- Then add your eggs and Parmesan cheese...no need to scramble first, just stir as you add it
- That's it! It is so cheesy good, and you won't believe the flavor of the oregano!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Please let me know if you try it...
Have a blessed day! Joanna