Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pasta and eggs for breakfast...starting the day with comfort food!

   I saw an episode on the Food Network called something like "the best thing I ever ate".  On the show, celebrity chefs tell about something they had at a restaurant that they just loved.  I saw one episode where the guest showed a dish called "pasta mama".  I can't remember who it was, as it was many years ago.  We didn't get an exact recipe, just basic ingredients and technique.
  This quickly became one of my son's favorite meals, and I made mine the same, only gluten free.
What could be more comforting than to start your day with cheesy pasta?!
    Here is my take on the recipe:

  • leftover spaghetti pasta
  • eggs
  • Parmesan cheese
  • oregano
  • olive oil
  • butter
  • garlic, salt and pepper



  The easy part here, is that you just add all ingredients based on the amount of pasta that you have leftover. For an example, I had about 1 1/2 cups of gluten free vermicelli.  I used 2 eggs, I shaved off about a Tbl.or so of parm, I use fresh oregano from the garden, (or I use dried oregano off season), about Tbl butter and same of EVOO.  Garlic, salt and pepper are to your liking; I use a pinch kosher salt, a few turns on the pepper mill, and a pinch of garlic (minced about a clove, or you can use powder).

This is without cheese or eggs, just to brown a bit.

  • Start by adding the butter and EVOO to the pan and let it get hot.  
  • Add only the pasta, oregano, S, P, and garlic
  • cook until pasta gets a little color
  • Then add your eggs and Parmesan cheese...no need to scramble first, just stir as you add it 
  • That's it!  It is so cheesy good, and you won't believe the flavor of the oregano!





I hope you enjoy this recipe!  Please let me know if you try it...
Have a blessed day!  Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment