Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bacon and peanut butter dog treats DIY


Well, if you saw any of my other posts about Marley, you'll see that she is my baby, and I spoil her.  I have had dogs in my life for as long as I can remember, my dog Dixie when I was about four years old is the earliest memory I have.  We had a wonderful lab named Lonesome, who found my family when I was in middle school.  Although divorced, each of my parents had at least 2 dogs at any given time in their homes, and they still do.  They always believe that their dogs are part of the family, as all dogs should be!
  It was many, many years later before we got a family dog for my kids.  Marley joined us in 2008.  She quickly became my baby!  So, as I make cookies for my boys, so I make cookies for my girl.  These are so easy, and she loves them!  Enjoy making treats for your dog.
  Here is the link for the first recipe I posted for treats.http://newbeginningsglutenfreeherbal.blogspot.com/2013/07/homemade-all-natural-dog-treats-for.html
Marley doesn't do this when I'm baking, but the smell of peanut butter and bacon lets her know this will be for her.

  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup bacon grease (I had saved it in a jar from breakfast a few weeks ago)
  • 1/4 creamy peanut butter
  • handful of fresh blueberries
  • 1 egg



She thought she should get the remaining dough; even dogs like cookie batter!



  All I did was mix all the ingredients, flour my pastry mat, and mash the dough down with my hands.  Then I used my dog bone cutter and made the cookies.  I baked for 17 minutes on 350*.  After they cooled on a wire rack, Marley was able to taste one...she loved it!
Enjoy the blessings of owning a dog, 
Joanna


No comments:

Post a Comment