|This strawberry pie is so quick and easy to make! ( Sometimes we top it with whipped cream).|
I know it's not that hard to make homemade crusts, but sometimes you just wanna focus on prepping the fruit, and let Pillsbury make the crust for you!
- 9" Pillsbury frozen crust, or your own homemade crust
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar (I use Sugar in the Raw)
- 3 Tbls. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Start by slicing and arranging some berries on the pie crust.
- Then add the remaining berries to a stockpot and mash together with the sugar
- Cook until it's bubbly
- Add the cornstarch to the water in a small bowl and mix well
- Gradually stir the cornstarch mixture into your pot of berries
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thickened nicely
- Pour the mixture over the berry topped crust
- Let chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before cutting
That's all there is to it! Of course, this isn't a gluten free crust, so I couldn't have any of this pie. (I did taste the filling though). I have yet to find a gluten free pie crust recipe that I like, and as far as I know, there isn't a ready made one. I will keep trying different crust recipes and let you know if I find a good one.
Even if I can't have some of the things that I make, I enjoy making them for my family. I hope you will try this recipe and let me know how it goes!
Have a blessed day,