Thursday, July 11, 2013

Homemade, all natural dog treats for your best friends!

  If you are like most dog owners, your dog is a part of your family.  I know my dog Marley thinks she is my child, and I never told her otherwise!  As I began to eat gluten free, and experiment with so many different recipes, I thought I should make some homemade treats for Marley.  I mean, how great is it to make something in the kitchen, save a lot of money, and control the ingredients to be all natural?!


This is my baby, Marley!




She always has to find one of the boys socks to go with her bone!
  This recipe showcases things that I had on hand and needed to use up.  I have other recipes that I will share later.

The boys got to eat all but 1 piece of the bacon.

  •   bacon grease from cooking 7 pieces, about 4 TBL.
  • 1 piece of fried bacon
  • 1/2 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 sweet potato, cooked and mashed
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
  Mix all the ingredients, and make into TBL. size balls and flatten.  I use a dog shaped cookie cutter for some of my treats, but not this one.




  Bake in a pre-heated 400* oven for about 15 minutes.  They look like people cookies, but I didn't try one!  Marley loves them!  I store them in the refrigerator as they don't have preservatives.  Freeze for longer storage.  
  Do you make homemade treats for your dogs?  Let me know if you try this one.  Have a blessed day, Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment