Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Herbal home remedies that we put to use this week!

  These last 3 days have put some of my herbal home remedies to the test!  It's never fun to be injured or sick, but I would much rather have some handy treatments than have to run to the doctor.  

  So, earlier my husband had what appeared to be pink eye.  I made a compress of chamomile flower and burdock root, had him apply it every few minutes for about 2 hours, and the next day it was almost gone.  That evening he did compresses again, and his eyes were totally clear the next day!


  Yesterday morning, I burned my hand pretty badly, and immediately put my hand under cool running water for about 20 minutes.  Then I cut a stem from my aloe plant, and rubbed it on.  The pain was still really bad, so I went to the wonder-all of my essential oils...lavender.  Lavender is analgesic as well as antibacterial, so I applied several drops neat.  Within a few minutes, the pain had subsided.  Remarkably today, there is much improvement!

  Last night for dinner, I tried a couple of bites of ham, literally 2 bites.  Well, there was some hidden gluten in it because I felt horrible within 20 minutes.  This morning was one of those terrible gluten "flu like" days.  Before bed and all day today, I double my usual dose of dandelion tincture, and multi-vitamin tincture.  I also drank lots of warm lemon water, apple cider vinegar, and fresh fruits.  Now I am feeling more normal.  You know if you've been glutened it takes a while to get it out of your system, but hopefully this will be done by tomorrow.

  My sister-in-law said she has bad poison ivy, so I made several things for her to try.  For the itching, a spray of witch hazel, lavender, chamomile, geranium.  Also an infusion of chamomile flowers and burdock root, and a wash of peppermint and eucalyptus.  I will let you know how she likes any of these.

  Here's my page on making the tinctures


What herbal home remedies have you been successful with, I'd love to hear about them :)



No comments:

Post a Comment