One of the greatest pleasures in life, is good food that you can enjoy with your family. Sushi is one of the meals that gets my entire family involved in the preparations as well as in the eating! Since sushi is a creative process, it allows all of us to come up with variations in styles as well as ingredient combos.
We have made sushi rolls at home ever since the boys were very young. Our older son started eating California Rolls when he was only 18 months old, because he was always wanting to try what the adults were eating. Once he had sushi, he was hooked! Our youngest also started when California Rolls by Kindergarten. After a few years, they started to love tempura rolls of all kinds, and Unagi (Eel) the most. Once they were in middle school, we allowed them to try raw sushi...once they did, they were hooked!
Our boys love You Tube, and after finding a few videos suggesting different sushi making, we knew we had to give it a try. Here are the links that we got inspired from: http://makesushi.org/ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naYZTmgPDic
Over the weekend we tried these new methods, and now we have several new items to add to our sushi making nights. The boys were so creative, and they definitely have great culinary skills like their Daddy!
Have you ever made sushi at home? I would love to hear about it, please leave a comment.
- Herbal home remedies that we put to use this week!...
- Natural toothpaste and mouthwash
- Gluten free, dairy free giant chocolate chip cooki...
- Homemade, all natural body and facial scrub
- Crunchy munchies? Gluten free, vegan fried chickp...
- Lemon Balm tincture treats depression, stress, and...
- Making Sushi at home...great family fun
- Homemade herbal vitamin tincture for children
- Gluten free, dairy free "shortbread cookie" with h...
- Herbal tincture for homemade multi-vitamins
- Welcome to my blog about two of my favorite subje...
- ▼ June (11)