Thursday, June 20, 2013

Gluten free, dairy free giant chocolate chip cookie

  You know those giant chocolate chip cookies that they sell in the bakeries?  My kids always like to get those for birthdays.  Before being gluten free, I made a few of these at home.  I have experimented three times with making it gluten free, and was pretty happy with this last attempt (although I wish it had turned out prettier).
  Here is my current recipe, I will probably try tweaking it another time or two, and if it's an improvement, I'll let ya know!


I love that we have local honey in the pantry


  1. 2 cups of almond flour
  2. 1/2 cup coconut flour
  3. 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  4. 1 tsp baking soda
  5. 1/4 cup organic, natural applesauce
  6. 3/4 cup chocolate chips
  7. 2 eggs, beaten
  8. 1/4 cup honey
  9. 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  10. 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  •   Preheat oven to 350.  
  • Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
  • Mix all wet ingredients into a separate bowl
  • drop onto parchment, or a Silpat, and spread into a giant circle

   Of course I always have to eat some raw!  I know, I know raw egg isn't good for me!











  Bake for 8-12 minutes until edges start to brown.  Let cool and cut into pie/pizza wedges.  I think I cut before it was cool enough, so it isn't as pretty as I'd like.  It freezes really well too.
It is great with a little fruit on the side, and I'll bet it would be great with ice cream!
  Let me know if you give it a try, or let me know if you have your own way of making giant cookies!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment