Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gluten free microwaveable chocolate cake with fresh blueberries


   My son got the idea from watching +SORTED Food  to make a microwavable, individual cake in a cup.  So, I decided that I needed one as well, gluten free of course.  So I made mine with almond flour by experimenting, and I think I will only try one small change the next time that I make it.  Here's how I made the cake ,version 1...  It was so easy, and a nice little treat!


Microwave chocolate cake...oh yeah!





  • 1 Tbl. of Kerrygold butter
  • I Tbl. Sugar in the Raw
  • 1 Tbl dark cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbl natural applesauce
  • 1 teas. vanilla extract
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3 Tbl. almond flour
  • pinch of sea salt
  • fresh blueberries
  1. Mix all ingredients(except blueberries) in a microwavable mug, or I used an 8 oz bowl.
  2. Microwave for 1.5-2 minutes or until top is set, but still jiggly.
  3. I topped mine with fresh blueberries that I had on hand, whipped cream would be good too.
  4. That's it!  Next time I think I will add 1 teaspoon more of the butter, and 1 teaspoon more of the applesauce to try to make it a tad more moist.


                                     Give it a try whenever you want a chocolate treat, and want it fast!
Add a "bulletproof coffee" with your cake, and it makes a filling breakfast, or afternoon "tide-me-over" until dinner!

Enjoy a blessed day!
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment