I found this recipe from Babycakes. I bought the cookbook Babycakes Covers the Classics and can't wait to try many of the other recipes! This one wasn't hard to make, it just took a while to make all the small pancakes. But once I was done, I ate a few, shared a few, and still had some to stick in the freezer for later.
As I've said before, sometimes I make substitutions if I don't have all that recipe calls for. It turned out great, but I will let you know what I changed from the original.
|The batter is somewhat thicker than "traditional" batter.|
|Flip once they start to bubble.|
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free baking powder
- 2 teas. baking soda
- 2 teas. baking powder
- 1 Tbls. ground ginger
- 1 teas. ground cinnamon
- 1 teas salt
- 1/2 xanthan gum
- 1/4 teas. ground cardamom( I had to use my mortar and pestle to grind some)
- 1/4 teas. ground cloves
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 agave
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup rice milk (I didn't have any so I used coconut milk)
- 2 Tbls. vanilla extract
- Whisk flour, soda, powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt, xanthan gum, cardamom, and cloves together in a bowl.
- Add applesauce, coconut oil, agave, molasses, milk, and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, spray with nonstick spray and pour about 1/4 of batter at a time into skillet. (I fit 3 at a time onto my skillet)>
- Cook until the pancake bubbles, and browns then flip. Cook until it feels firm.